I’ve got to say, I’m pretty excited about this year. In the past I kinda just accepted life as it came, I was never really happy about the way things were, life just kinda was what it was and I did what I had to do to survive.
This year is the first year I’ve felt really optimistic about everything. I’m so happy and blessed and it seems my life is now filled with laughter. I’m not saying its all sunshine and rainbows, I’m still stressing about some things, but every year it feels like another layer of crust is being peeled away.
So, I’m totally stoked about all the things I’ve got planned for this year! So I’m going to share them with you and we’ll see if we can’t reach the end. These are just the goals I have right now, I’m sure as the year progress I will add to the list and (hopefully) strike some off.
- Continue constantly trying to improve my art work. I can do this by practicing more often and reading tutorials.
- Really step up my technique and output in order to feel more comfortable with commission work. Start trying to get them.
- Prepare for trying to get a table at a convention next year.
- Make more ties in the artistic community. I’m going to attempt this by commenting on more of my favorite pictures, featuring artists in my DA journal and on my blog as well as actually starting my “Thanks Project”.
- Start working on my comic Dragon Breath and get to a point where I can upload at least once/week or biweekly. I’d also like to get a buffer built up some that I’m 2-3 months ahead of what I’m uploading.
- See what it takes to build an art portfolio. Begin doing so, perhaps speak to a consultant of some kind to round it out.
- Exercise at least 3x/week. I just got a gym membership at a gym down the street, so this should be easy to do. (Especially since my fiancée is going to drag me there initially until I’m happy about it, lol!)
- Loose around 100 lbs by the end of the year. This is actually possible if I manage to stay on top of things. I’m watching my diet, I’ll be exercising at least three times a week if I follow the first goal. I’m hoping to actually hit the gym more often for a little bit of weight training. Actually, I would really like to join some dance classed when I drop enough weight. (I want to Belly Dance so bad!)
- Continue regularly writing. (Updating this Blog consistently will help with that somewhat, but I also want to work on my stories more often.)
- Form a writing/editing group to help each other grow and continue working together. (I’m in the process of this one right now.)
Other Important Activities
- Video skits!! I’ve had all these ideas for a sort of occasional video diary series and also for a hilarious short skit.
- Wedding Plans!! I’m newly engaged, less than a month now. We decided to wait until next year so I would have plenty of time, but I still want to start thinking about some of the details now. 😀
Anyways, love you guys. Thanks for taking time out of you day to see what I have to say. Let me know what you think!! Don’t forget to check out my art gallery, there’s a link on the right side of the page!